Monday 8 July 2013

Ice Painting

Ice painting a perfect creative activity for a very hot day :) Mind you when I picked up the minded children from school and they asked "What are we doing today", they looked at me a bit funny when I answered with ice cube painting but there were smiles as well.

The night before I prepared an ice cube tray filled with water and mixed in different food colourings, it was then put in the freezer.


After 30 minutes they were beginning to freeze and after an hour most were ready to have an ice pop stick put into them and it would stay up.


When they first started  they only got a scrapping of colour


but as the ice slowly melted the colours began to flow




 to produce some lovely pictures, the children really liked the way the paint merged and spread out across the paper.



I loved the muted colours



No comments:

Post a Comment