Wednesday 16 April 2014

Crochet Nesting Bowls

A few weeks ago a friend of mine posted some pictures of some lovely crochet nesting bowls she had made and the link for the pattern. After seeing her pictures and having just had a sort out of my boxes of yarn, I thought these would be a lovely way to use up some of the odd balls of yarn I have left. I have only ever crocheted blankets and Christening shawls before so this was something new to try. I was really pleased with how they turned out, only just had enough orange yarn to make the orange bowl. Why after years of knitting etc do I still feel the need to knit/crochet faster if I am running out of yarn?  I know it won't make the yarn go any further but I still have a tendency to do this!


                               

They love to play with the bowls, sorting out our glass pebbles or our tub of brightly coloured buttons, so these crochet bowls are a nice addition to their play. They spend ages putting them into different bowls, tipping one bowl into another, generally having lots of fun.











These bowls have been a huge hit and I am so glad I decided to make them even if it did mean I left another knitting project half done to make them.

No comments:

Post a Comment