Tuesday 21 July 2015

Owl Craft and Cakes

This week is my littlest ones birthday and at the moment is very fascinated by owls, so the birthday theme was an owl one. Due to the allergies I have to cater for I thought I would share my eggless dairy free sponge recipe, it can be a bit crumbly but is very tasty.


This is my eggless sponge recipe, I make it with oat milk so it's dairy free too, this amount is for a tray 11" x 7" , for little cup cakes I use half the recipe.

Eggless Sponge
100g margarine
80g sugar
40g golden syrup
200ml milk
250g self raising flour
2tsp baking powder
Cream margarine and sugar together and then mix in the golden syrup.
Sift flour and baking powder together, in theory gives a lighter fluffier cake but I usually don't!
Mix in small amount of milk and a spoonful of flour, keep repeating this until all the milk and flour is used.
Bake at gas mark 4 for about 20 to 25 minutes.


They painted some paper plates that could then be put together to make an owl, I used foam for the eyes and beaks.


I made our favourite gingerbread biscuit recipe I have collected up rather a large selection of cutters over the year but didn't have any owl ones, so have now added some to my ever growing collection. Then the children had some gel icing to decorate them with.



I came across a lovely knitting pattern in a magazine for a family of owls, had fun knitting them and she has enjoyed playing with them, discovered the wings can cover their eyes so she can play peek a boo!


No comments:

Post a Comment