Wednesday 7 December 2016

Angels and Mince Pies

We started of the weekend in between gymnastics and dance lessons making some, in L's words, yummy scrummy mince pies.






Mince Pie filling
10ml cornflour
175ml water
5ml vanilla essence
175g currants and raisins
50g mixed peel
70g sugar
5ml ground cinnamon
5ml mixed spice
2.5ml ground ginger
  1. Mix together cornflour, water and vanilla essence and place in a saucepan.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the saucepan.
  3. Bring to the boil and then simmer until thick.
  4. Spoon into pastry cases and cook at Gas 4 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.

M still loves to do some scrape art and she loved these ones from baker Ross.


Paper plate angels made by L and my minded children, note to self, next time need to make the heads a bit bigger so it's easier for the children to draw the faces!


M and I had a go at some origami angels, tried different tutorials on you tube, the yellow and white ones were fairly easy to do and instructions can be found here and the pink one I found rather fiddly is here.


We have taken down our Autumn window decorations and now making some Christmas ones. I am hoping to find time to make a scene with the Kings in and then one with Mary and Joseph but need to do some Christmas present sewing first. 


I came across the lovely fox pattern last year on Cutesy Crafts, the pattern is free to download, the embroidery came from a Christmas cross stitch magazine the design was originally on a heart shape but changed to to circle and backed with some felt, now just need to put the tree up.


Linked up with http://frontierdreams.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word. I love ALL of this :) I have never tried mince pies before but now I rather want to.

    ReplyDelete